The Stand Mini Series (1-4)

F1R35TART3R

Lets's See what your made off...
Feb 22, 2019

After a deadly plague kills most of the world's population, the remaining survivors split into two groups - one led by a benevolent elder and the other by a maleficent being - to face each other in a final battle between good and evil.
(Based on Book by Stephen King)

Ep.01 The Plague

Ep.02 The Dreams

Ep.03 The Betrayal

Ep.04 The Stand

11C1P

Death Head
Apr 6, 2018
N.D.
`

I got the DVD of this many years ago. I've watched it at least a dozen times, but it's been a few years now. May have to set aside some time to watch it again.

Deadman_walking

Death Head
Sep 28, 2018
Texas
It's an excellent story. Rarely do I enjoy movies when I've read the book. This imo was pretty well done and did a better job following the book than any others I've seen.

My favorite stories of all time happen to be from King. The dark tower series is simply amazing.

I watched the movie just because I'm such a fan of the story I just couldn't not watch it.

I tried to enjoy it for what it was but just couldn't. It had almost nothing in common with the books and making the lead character a black dude......in the books that character ( Roland ) is white. Another actual black character calls him white bread and gray meat and there's plenty of other actual physical descriptions all throughout all 7 books that he's white.

Not rascist or anything but it was ridiculous to stray that far from the actual story.

Anyways, if you liked The Stand I highly suggest the dark tower series. Randal flag shows up here as he does in many King novels.