Radiohead @ Glastonbury 2017

Maggot

qᴉʇ oɟ ɐ ɔnuʇ
VIP
Sep 27, 2016
The Slaughtered Lamb, Yorkshire.
I think people either love or loathe Radiohead, I'm definitely part of the former camp. I've followed them since the early nineties, been to countless gigs around Europe and was lucky enough to meet the band at XFM during their Amnesiac promo. But the one thing I've never done is see them play live at Glastonbury (yet), so this will have to be the next best thing.

Full coverage of Radiohead headlining in the Friday night slot (23rd June) at Glastonbury 2017.

This was their 3rd time as headliners since the now legendary, rain-soaked show back in 1997 and, as expected, it was another epic performance.

After a brief introduction to the band and their relationship with the Somerset festival, you can see the entire, unedited Pyramid Stage performance, with a set lasting over 2 hours.

The raw HD stream would have been almost 4 GB so I went for the HQ. Openload would have rendered the shit out of a stream that big so the HQ option made more sense, but I'm happy to grab it in HD if anybody wants it.

Download the original HQ mp4 from mega.nz here (1.39 GB|02h12m|832x468|mp4),
or
the openload.co rendered version here (822 MB|02h12m|832x468|mp4).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Dobbs

Drawing Blood
Jun 14, 2017
U.S.
I understand the hate for the band (and their fans if I'm honest). But I've been all-in since they came out with "Creep". I kinda wrote them off as a tag along band from the music scene at the time until "The Bends" came out and I noticed there was something interesting happening.

And then O.K. Computer happened and there was no turning back

I saw them in Atlanta at an outdoor amphitheater for their "Hail to the Thief" tour. During the part of the song "Sit Down, Stand Up" where he's repeating "the raindrops, the raindrops, the raindrops" it started to lightly drizzle. It hadn't even threatened to rain the whole day.

It was a supremely emotional moment. Coincidence or not, that shit was perfect.

Thanks for posting this.

Maggot

qᴉʇ oɟ ɐ ɔnuʇ
VIP
Sep 27, 2016
I understand the hate for the band (and their fans if I'm honest). But I've been all-in since they came out with "Creep". I kinda wrote them off as a tag along band from the music scene at the time until "The Bends" came out and I noticed there was something interesting happening.

And then O.K. Computer happened and there was no turning back

I saw them in Atlanta at an outdoor amphitheater for their "Hail to the Thief" tour. During the part of the song "Sit Down, Stand Up" where he's repeating "the raindrops, the raindrops, the raindrops" it started to lightly drizzle. It hadn't even threatened to rain the whole day.

It was a supremely emotional moment. Coincidence or not, that shit was perfect.

Thanks for posting this.
No probs Dobbs,
I remember reading about that Atlanta gig, (possibly, it was an outdoor US gig on that tour anyway), in The NME, and the reporter said a similar thing about being such a perfect moment when it started to rain.

Bob Dobbs

Drawing Blood
Jun 14, 2017
U.S.
No probs Dobbs,
I remember reading about that Atlanta gig, (possibly, it was an outdoor US gig on that tour anyway), in The NME, and the reporter said a similar thing about being such a perfect moment when it started to rain.
It was one of those moments in life where everything just lines up perfectly. I found a site that bootlegs concerts and downloaded that show. But if I'm honest, I've never listened to it because the memory is way better than trying to revisit it.

All the Glastonbury videos of theirs that I've seen have been some of the best concert vids I've ever come across. Those older ones from the early 2000's where Thom is dancing around like a freak just make me happy.

I'm downloading what you linked so I can watch it on my tv tonight.

Charon

Death Addict
Radiohead has made some pretty gore-ish music videos, showing suicides and killings. Their dark undertones imply that some of the members suffer from manic depression, a.k.a bipolar disorder. No I am not a pro shrink but I have done my homework on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maggot

qᴉʇ oɟ ɐ ɔnuʇ
VIP
Sep 27, 2016
Radiohead have made some pretty gore-ish music videos, showing suicides and killings. Their dark undertones imply that some of the members suffer from manic depression, aka bipolar disorder. No I am not a pro shrink but I have done my homework on the subject.
For a vegan, he has a pretty meaty imagination:
"If you'd been a dog, I would have drowned you at birth",
"Cut the kids in half",
"Our bodies floating down the muddy river",
"So knives out. Cut him up. Don't look down. Shove it in your mouth",
"You want me? Well fucking well come and find me. I'll be waiting with a gun and a pack of sandwiches and nothing...".
"Catch the mouse. Squash his head. Put him in the pot"

That'll do or I'll be here all night.

The_Hound76

Death Addict
Jan 30, 2018
Beyond The Wall
Love Radiohead, have since their first album. Mad props to them for setting the music industry ablaze self releasing their own music for free and the honor system. They told their label to fuck off and set the tone for artists controlling their own work. They did shit on their own terms which was and is still basically unheard of

Maggot

qᴉʇ oɟ ɐ ɔnuʇ
VIP
Sep 27, 2016
Don't know how long they've been down but I've updated the dead openload links.