Music I hate

Purple People Eater

Death Head
Aug 19, 2019
To each his/her own. I hate it. All of it. I just think it's retarded that there are so many real talented musicians out there, that can actually play a piano or violin or guitar... And literally make music that way, but they are not getting anywhere near as much recognition or compensation for their efforts/product as these rappers, because the millennials for the most part have shity taste in music. Rap on the other hand... All somebody has to do is get a bunch of idiotic face tattoos, wear their pants falling off their ass...And incoherently Mumble some shit into a microphone, and there an overnight success/millionaire. This nation's idea of entertainment/music entertainment/industry is dominated by people who really have no fucking idea what they're doing, can't even hold a note or sing a song in key, or sing a song PERIOD, without using Auto-Tune. Coming from myself who can actually play guitar bass and piano.. fuck I HATE Rap!
Music as we knew it & listened to it are miles apart from how kids listen to it. Albums are no longer produced by one producer but several so it seems like a jumble of random songs. Songs have several writers "add a word, take a third." I get that copyright is where the $$ is. Besides several writers on each song, it's several other different writers on each song. Several producers, several writers and each song featuring a guest singer plus a rapper, usually Pitstop or Nicki Garage or Ethel Merman (remember the Ethel Merman disco album?) (Remember disco?). Plus the fact that albums are non existent or, again, not where the $$ are. Streaming & earbuds are the albums and big-boy stereo systems from a previous faraway time. Ear buds not headphones for the kids.

Music as we knew it & listened to it are miles apart from how kids listen to it. Albums are no longer produced by one producer but several so it seems like a jumble of random songs. Songs have several writers "add a word, take a third." I get that copyright is where the $$ is. Besides several writers on each song, it's several other different writers on each song. Several producers, several writers and each song featuring a guest singer plus a rapper, usually Pitstop or Nicki Garage or Ethel Merman (remember the Ethel Merman disco album?) (Remember disco?). Plus the fact that albums are non existent or, again, not where the $$ are. Streaming & earbuds are the albums and big-boy stereo systems from a previous faraway time. Ear buds not headphones for the kids.
I used to rock a NEC pager in 1995! Haha. (420= got some bud) (911= call back as soon as possible) ....etc. The good old days when JNCO jeans where the shit. I used to be able to play a mean game of Pogs! The skill saw blade slammer! I thought about buying some and showing my son what he missed out on in the 90s!

Sir Digby

Death Addict
Feb 22, 2019
Texas
I used to rock a NEC pager in 1995! Haha. (420= got some bud) (911= call back as soon as possible) ....etc. The good old days when JNCO jeans where the shit. I used to be able to play a mean game of Pogs! The skill saw blade slammer! I thought about buying some and showing my son what he missed out on in the 90s!
I didn’t understand a word of that.

DapperDanMan

Death Addict
Apr 15, 2018
Georgia
My ears, too. All that Hendrix & Led Zeppelin has taken it's toll. Then the 80's came along and all those fucking drums mixed high & fat in the mix.
Explosives got most of mine. It's really bad on my left side so it makes listening to music kinda weird. I still do but nowhere near as much and I have to have headphones when I do.