Kneel or Pay

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Hopedenial, May 23, 2018.

1. Hopedenial

Hopedenial Death Addict

Dec 3, 2016
    Takin it in the ass for gummy bears..
    Curled in a fetal position crying..
    New NFL rule requires all players on a team to kneel for the national anthem or the Team itself faces fines. how fucking nationalist are we going to go with this new autocratic take on the presidency?

*I have no idea why I capitalized "team," but im just gonna leave it.

11C1P, Starkiller1125 and Squid Jones like this.
  2. Starkiller1125

Starkiller1125 スター・キラー DA's Firearm Savant

Jul 31, 2016
    Male
    Fisherman
    ソウル·ソサエティ
    I think its bullshit. Insulting our country all because of some BlackLivesMatter crap. All lives matter.

Did you know blacks make up 13% of the population yet commit over 55% of violent crimes? And 95% of that is to other blacks? A black person is 2000 times more likely to get shot by another black man than a white cop. Obama didn't address the situation cause he wanted black votes, Al Sharpton didn't address because he's making millions on false facts.

Don't believe me? Then let this black guy tell you himself.

11C1P, SpecterP, Bloodrush and 3 others like this.
  3. Squid Jones

Squid Jones El Guapo VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    I agree about the disproportionate violent crime rates but let's keep the discussion centered on what the OP is about, which is whether on not NFL teams should be made to kneel for the anthem.

4. Starkiller1125

Starkiller1125 スター・キラー DA's Firearm Savant

Jul 31, 2016
    Male
    Fisherman
    ソウル·ソサエティ
    I was just giving some facts on why the kneeling started in the first place so people have a baseline to go on versus what they hear in the media.

11C1P and Squid Jones like this.
  5. Squid Jones

Squid Jones El Guapo VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    K.

6. Fruitsofthedevil

Fruitsofthedevil Drawing Blood

Feb 7, 2018
    Female
    Number Nazi
    Colorado
    I guess I’ve never understood what difference kneeling makes. If these guys want to make a difference then they need to put their money and their time where their mouth is. Some of them might be doing so but change isn’t going to come about because they refuse to stand for the flag.

Starkiller1125 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Hopedenial

Hopedenial Death Addict

Dec 3, 2016
    I just cringe at the idea of giving a mere object god like respect be it a flag or a crucifix.

8. OP
    OP
    Hopedenial

Hopedenial Death Addict

Dec 3, 2016
    This is one of those critical thinking situations. you have to take certain socio economic realities into consideration.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  9. Rubbish

Rubbish Death Head

Sep 27, 2017
    Male
    Mechanic
    Massachusetts
    If they are protesting police brutality grow some balls and do it infront of a police station. I am there to watch football not a protest.

11C1P, Bloodrush, wreckrunner and 3 others like this.
  10. Outlaw

Outlaw Co-Founder/Former Co-owner VIP

Nov 3, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    Here's my take on the whole deal. It's not so much about forcing people to give god like respect to a flag...although I do...to my flag, my country and my armed forces. It's about not using a public stage to protest. Each athlete represents a sport, a city, an organization, etc. People don't pay to watch people protest. They pay to watch the sport being played without unrelated drama.
    I'm all for free speech, but do it on your own time..and dime. Even then, you're one of the faces of the organization, etc. That's a part of what they signed on for. So much more I could say, but I'll hold back. ;)

11C1P, AnnaVale, SpecterP and 3 others like this.
  11. SpecterP

SpecterP Death Addict

May 22, 2018
    Male
    USA
    Noone is forced into crime. Notice electronic stores get robbed in riots not food stores. So no excuses for criminal behavior. That leads to more interactions with police. That's the problem. It's not for the NFL to solve. Stand up, pay respect to the fans and country which allows athletes to get rich and famous.

11C1P likes this.