Girl Self Mutilates Before Committing Suicide on Finnish Message Board

luciuspragg

Deathling
Nov 28, 2017
Sevenstate
Hi there, before I start I'd just like to mention than I cannot speak Finnish and that all translations are done through Google translate, translations will be written in italics for easy identification. For posts that didn't have text I'll instead only post the picture.

NOV 28 - A user on the random board of the website ylilauta posts a video of what seems to be a very severe self inflicted wound. According to other posters in the thread this user had planned out their suicide and had a history of posting pictures of self harm, though none this severe.

The video:

I'm thinking that the translation for her post is incorrect or she was using slang, but for posterity the translation is Not this one time the boys released or There are no boys here at all.

The next few posts, in true anonymous image board fashion, were a request for a timestamp and the recommendation for the poster to go get hit by a train.

The OP (Original Poster) then posted another video in response to the request for a timestamp. You can hear her speaking but I'm unsure of what she is saying.

The video:
OP went quiet for awhile and more posters continued to joke about getting hit by a train, OP then made another post.

You just have to try it deeper

Some replies to this post were: Is it a (racing) stripe?, pour salt on it, and put a band-aid on it.

Posters in the thread then start debating if this is another poster who had inflicted similar wounds on themselves before but had not killed themselves. One poster finds a recording of what I'm assuming to be is a stream or video call and the furniture and couch match.

Are you here?/Is this you?

The thread then immediately shifts to people talking about a mix of wanting to go tell the pretty girl that she's going to be okay or that she's doing this for attention and won't go through with it. Other posters talk about the quality of the photo set and some of the others this user has uploaded in the past.

Set/get/make your own sets now.

It appears that she will be committing suicide via inert gas asphyxiation. A poster calls her out again as faking because she is not actually using inert gas and won't go through with it.

OP posts another picture:

The translation for this next part is probably incorrect but it appears that one poster was saying that she'll die with a good ass at least. Though I can't tell if the poster was quoting the video identifying OP or making a comment himself. OP responds I laughed when I looked afterwards and posts another picture of her wound.

At this point some of the posters are actually becoming concerned and one suggests calling an ambulance but is ignored. Other replies to her post are epic, goodbye, is your vision blurry yet?

One poster begin asking her to reconsider what she's doing:

Have a New Year's resolution to stop such behavior. Move over to your parents because you need loving people close to you. Think of your life again, is it profitable to destroy life for such a fuss when you have once had the chance to live? you will not live the second time, use this unique opportunity to take it.

Someone then posts old pictures of what is believed to be OP due to the matching self harm scars.

Sad Case

OP goes quiet for awhile while and the replies to the thread are a mix of "Just do it already", requests for more pictures, and people asking OP why she's doing this.

A bit miserable timestamp. sorry about it.

One poster replies congratulating her for finally taking it all the way, another says he's glad to see her go because they're tired of her "shitting up the board".

OP's next post is a reply to one that got deleted, though I'll guess it's another calling out the legitimacy of her gas cannister as this one is a close up of the label.

Note that the cannister is in fact argon.

Another picture of the cannister, it seems OP is wearing the mask but given that she makes a few more posts she obviously hasn't turned it on.

OP replies to herself with a picture of her suicide note.

Sorry that you have to bury your own child. Don't blame yourself. You're doing as much as you can.
Sorry

OP then posts two pictures of her living space with all of her things packed in boxes and garbage bags.

The mood of the thread changes after these three posts to a more somber tone, although there are the occasional posts still calling OP an attention seeker, many posters are sad and upset at her for taking her life like this.

OP then began self mutilating again.

I took a little new direction in addition to helping.

A sit administrator then joined the thread, I think you should be able to get the gist of what he's saying but I'd rather not accidentally put words in his mouth.

Original text:
Aina sitä kuvittelee että on jo turtunut kaikkeen mitä Internet voi eteesi työntää, mutta täytyy myöntää että tuli noita lähikuvia katsellessa itsellekkin hieman huono olo.
You always think that you've been screwed into what the internet can push you, but you have to admit that it came to those close-ups when you look at yourself a bit of a bad feeling.

One user posts CALL THE POLICE and the administrator replies that they are aware of the situation.

OP then makes her final post in the thread with her arm further mutilated replying to somebody asking why she wasn't in an institution prior to this.

Forced treatment criteria is not met, I am fully sane.

OP ceases replying and after about 30 minutes posters begin telling her to rest in peace.

Hobbax

Deathling
Feb 15, 2017
Chile
Mother of god, I've seen something similar in 4chan but this is some deeply wound man, looks like she had everything planned

luciuspragg

Deathling
Nov 28, 2017
Sevenstate
She really has the intention to kill herself i think. But something seems fishy... i think this is an art-thing with the intention of shocking people.
But nobody knows...
Hope it is for her sake, can't say that slicing open my arm like this would be my preferred way to go.

Mother of god, I've seen something similar in 4chan but this is some deeply wound man, looks like she had everything planned
Yeah it was when she posted all of her things packed up like that I think it really hit people she was being serious. It's a common-ish thing for suicidal people to try and minimize their burden on others either by giving their things away or trying to leave as little problems as possible for those they leave behind.

luciuspragg

Deathling
Nov 28, 2017
Sevenstate
Great post, I'll have to check that site out.
I find myself visiting the foreign imageboards a lot more these days, there's not so much shit posting and more OC compared to the more popular chan's.
The translations can make things a bit confusing sometimes though.
It's nice sometimes though seeing the exact same memes and insults used but in different languages, people are people no matter where they're from

Starkiller1125

スター・キラー DA's Firearm Savant
This reminds me of that girl who had a Tumblr account that posted pics of her mutilating herself. She had some condition where she didn't feel pain and was horribly depressed. All of a sudden she stopped uploading and everyone expected the worse. Suicide.