Eminem @ BET

Yumi

Death Head
Jul 19, 2017
Hell
Let's make the thread a bit more light-hearted! Here's a cover of a great Eminem rap :D

Yumi

Death Head
Jul 19, 2017
Hell

Anubisokc

I'm from the government and I am here to help
Aug 29, 2017
Here there everywhere
I enjoy Eminem's music. I'm afraid however he was a bit careless with the "or gun reform for Nevada" around the 2:10 mark. That statement coming from someone who has made his almost 200 million dollars net worth from a culture that glorifies gun violence (himself included) is a bad look. It's very odd to talk about gun reformation when you yourself have been arrested and put on probation for gun charges.

Fair and good point, However, an imperfect messenger does not lessen the worth of a good message.

Squid Jones

El Guapo
VIP
Feb 2, 2017
A glass house
I am a huge Eminem Fan and Tupac. I used to love the looks I would get from people when I would roll up in my police car and you could hear them playing on my stereo! I love all rap music that has a message but here lately not so much. There is so much "I got 20 bitches on my dick, while I am sleeping on a bed of hundred dollar bills, located in my giant boat that I got to on my Jetplane" I can take. I mean sometimes its fun to listen to on your way to the club or if you're gonna have a night of just raunchy sex but I prefer songs that say something! I like Eminem not only cause some of his songs have a message but also because some of his songs are like watching a horror movie or a good way to vent frustrations. And then that flow! I mean I have always loved Pac but the fact is he doesn't hold a candle to Em's structure and flow. That dude can rhyme ANYTHING! For the guys that don't necessarily appreciate the message, you and I may not see eye to eye politically but I have mad respect that you can see past that and give a guy props for just raw talent! I wish there were more people in this world like that. My hats off to you guys!
Pac is, always has been, and probably always will be my favorite rapper but I'll be the first to admit that he's not a lyrical juggernaut flow-wise. He's pretty mediocre actually, as far as flow is concerned. The reason why he's my favorite is because of what he had to say not the way he said it. I liked the passion, the fire in his words, the emotion in his voice, and his honesty. Eminem possesses those qualities as well but he's a beast lurically to boot.

Anyway, though Pac is still my fave and I still enjoy rap music thoroughly, I find myself disagreeing with a lot of things said in the music now. I'm not 15 years old anymore. My worldview is vastly different than it was back in those days.

Anubisokc

I'm from the government and I am here to help
Aug 29, 2017
Here there everywhere
Pac is, always has been, and probably always will be my favorite rapper but I'll be the first to admit that he's not a lyrical juggernaut flow-wise. He's pretty mediocre actually, as far as flow is concerned. The reason why he's my favorite is because of what he had to say not the way he said it. I liked the passion, the fire in his words, the emotion in his voice, and his honesty. Eminem possesses those qualities as well but he's a beast lurically to boot.

Anyway, though Pac is still my fave and I still enjoy rap music thoroughly, I find myself disagreeing with a lot of things said in the music now. I'm not 15 years old anymore. My worldview is vastly different than it was back in those days.

I agree! I have most everything Pac did alive and after death! He did have a lot to say and he said it well! :grouphug: