Do you use Tor?

Tiff

Deathling
Jul 9, 2019
United States
Posts like what for example?
Well, you clearly have a wealth of knowledge on the subject. I suppose I'm particularly interested in people's experiences and motivations. Why they seek out the darker things. Maybe a debate on what we can expect in the future? Will "offensive" sites be shut down for good?

It seems that you've been on the deep web for some time and I'm sure people asking about it gets irritating. My intent wasn't to imply the thread is lacking, only that I'd love to learn more.

SpecterP

Death Addict
VIP
May 22, 2018
USA
Well, you clearly have a wealth of knowledge on the subject. I suppose I'm particularly interested in people's experiences and motivations. Why they seek out the darker things. Maybe a debate on what we can expect in the future? Will "offensive" sites be shut down for good?

It seems that you've been on the dark web for some time and I'm sure people asking about it gets irritating. My intent wasn't to imply the thread is lacking, only that I'd love to learn more.
The future is Red Rooms and Hostel sex tours. I kid mildly. You just listed a few interesting topics to add actually. Get the ball rolling and I am sure others will join.

As for scarcity in the subforum in general I think that's two fold. One, not many have actual experience surfing the Dark Web. Blame spooky propaganda and the extra hoops required to do so. Two is trickier. Those that have surfed the murkier waters tend to be guarded about doing so but I think if it's kept general as you put it "darker things" they might be more open to discussion.

Tiff

Deathling
Jul 9, 2019
United States
The future is Red Rooms and Hostel sex tours. I kid mildly. You just listed a few interesting topics to add actually. Get the ball rolling and I am sure others will join.

As for scarcity in the subforum in general I think that's two fold. One, not many have actual experience surfing the Dark Web. Blame spooky propaganda and the extra hoops required to do so. Two is trickier. Those that have surfed the murkier waters tend to be guarded about doing so but I think if it's kept general as you put it "darker things" they might be more open to discussion.
Hah, only mildly! That's too bad. Hostel sex tours sound kind of fun.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think you've hit the nail on the head as far as barriers to entering that community is concerned. There seems to be two main camps on the subject. Either the deep web is evil and will get you killed, or its a boring melange of broken links and retro looking websites for conspiracy theorists and whistleblowers that take forever to load. I imagine the truth lies somewhere in between those two extremes. I almost wonder if the "spooky propaganda" was engineered to keep people away. Because once it becomes colonized by the masses it will inevitably become tame, and what fun would that be? And yet it's those same creepy pastas that fuel continued interest. Now, I'm only speaking for myself here, but those outlandish and twisted stories are what initially drew me in.

I certainly understand the need for discretion. I'll work on the meta social anxiety and start thinking of something worthy to contribute to the forum. :D

SpecterP

Death Addict
VIP
May 22, 2018
USA
Hah, only mildly! That's too bad. Hostel sex tours sound kind of fun.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think you've hit the nail on the head as far as barriers to entering that community is concerned. There seems to be two main camps on the subject. Either the dark web is evil and will get you killed, or its a boring melange of broken links and retro looking websites for conspiracy theorists and whistleblowers that take forever to load. I imagine the truth lies somewhere in between those two extremes. I almost wonder if the "spooky propaganda" was engineered to keep people away. Because once it becomes colonized by the masses it will inevitably become tame, and what fun would that be? And yet it's those same creepy pastas that fuel continued interest. Now, I'm only speaking for myself here, but those outlandish and twisted stories are what initially drew me in.

I certainly understand the need for discretion. I'll work on the meta social anxiety and start thinking of something worthy to contribute to the forum. :D
Dark web. You're on the deep web once you log into your Death Addict account. The deep web contains the much smaller dark web which consists of various darknets like Tor, I2P, Freenet etc. Think of it akin to the United States (deep web) as a country consisting of individual states like Alaska (dark web).

I am a bit confused on this one point about you specifically. Have you ever been on the dark web? That's the initial impression I got that you are versed in it to a degree. Just curious.

SpecterP

Death Addict
VIP
May 22, 2018
USA
I suppose I'm particularly interested in people's experiences and motivations. Why they seek out the darker things. Maybe a debate on what we can expect in the future? Will "offensive" sites be shut down for good?
These three topics are good for their own threads in the subforum.

Tiff

Deathling
Jul 9, 2019
United States
Dark web. You're on the deep web once you log into your Death Addict account. The deep web contains the much smaller dark web which consists of various darknets like Tor, I2P, Freenet etc. Think of it akin to the United States (deep web) as a country consisting of individual states like Alaska (dark web).

I am a bit confused on this one point about you specifically. Have you ever been on the dark web? That's the initial impression I got that you are versed in it to a degree. Just curious.
I have in the past yes, although it's been awhile. Not sure if I qualify as well versed though. I've been tempted to explore the dark web again as of late. I think eventually you reach a point where nothing shocks you, and you've got to keep upping the ante to get that same rush. What do you do then? I guess the idea made me uneasy at the time. Anyway, I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Last edited:

SpecterP

Death Addict
VIP
May 22, 2018
USA
I have in the past yes, although it's been awhile. Not sure if I qualify as well versed though. I've been tempted to explore the dark web again as of late. I think eventually you reach a point where nothing shocks you, and you've got to keep upping the ante to get that same rush. What do you do then? I guess the idea made me uneasy at the time. Anyway, I hope that clarifies things a bit.
Well if there's any consolation in this then it's the basic fact anything new and intense has been hard to come by on both webs. So "upping the ante" only works in the beginning but soon enough it's dead end alley most especially there.

Outlaw

Co-Founder/Former Co-owner
VIP
Nov 3, 2015
Texas
i used to use it for downloading movies and music but found that new vpns are better (for me at least - take that big ISP)
I'm having trouble finding any legitimate movie download sites anymore. I used to have a couple but they never update.