Do you use Tor?

Libertas

Death Addict
Apr 19, 2016
Does Tor actually work, or is it just a gateway to getting listed?
I've been using it since at least 2009, and the network has only gotten better since (you can now use it to stream videos, etc) and if you use it responsibly, you can rest assured that you will in fact remain anonymous.

I've never used it for anything too illegal, though, just trolling people and/or companies. :D

Lorencio

Believe in something
Sep 22, 2018
White House
Does Tor actually work, or is it just a gateway to getting listed?
I've been using it since at least 2009, and the network has only gotten better since (you can now use it to stream videos, etc) and if you use it responsibly, you can rest assured that you will in fact remain anonymous.

I've never used it for anything too illegal, though, just trolling people and/or companies. :D
That's cool.
Can it still help you stay anonymous even after you already visited websites without using Tor?

Libertas

Death Addict
Apr 19, 2016
Yes, it's a separate browser. Tor is based on Firefox, and you can run both concurrently, that's how I do it. (Work in one, fun in the other. :D)

Using those websites over Tor will show Tor exit node IP's each time you make a post, etc.

Libertas

Death Addict
Apr 19, 2016
i used to use it for downloading movies and music but found that new vpns are better (for me at least - take that big ISP)
Yeah, VPN's are generally cheap nowadays, and one could even buy a $10/mo server and install rtorrent on it if you *really* have to use stuff like The Pirate Bay.

I use Tor. Mostly at night when I'm giving into my baser urges. Makes compartmentalization so much easier.

View attachment 138860

So in general, what kinda content?

Tiff

Deathling
Jul 9, 2019
United States
Yeah, VPN's are generally cheap nowadays, and one could even buy a $10/mo server and install rtorrent on it if you *really* have to use stuff like The Pirate Bay.

So in general, what kinda content?
Aside from surface web? I've seen your posts on the Deep Web forum, so I trust you've got the general idea. I wish there were more posts in there! Fascinating stuff.