Death Addict Blog

SpecterP

Death Addict
VIP
May 22, 2018
USA
I guess my question is an age restriction warning versus the link you shared. I get the link actually restricts access greater than a text warning but isn't either necessary in the first place? What would happen if a parent lodged a complaint with authorities about her kid accessing this site?

Libertas

Death Addict
Apr 19, 2016
Kid wouldn't be able to access the site without providing her ID/Passport, period. This is how it works in countries like Germany, you have to 'hide' any NSFW content behind a paywall, and only after the user verifies his age with something like a credit card for example, then he can access the adult content.

Nothing would happen... too much jurisdictional mumbo-jumbo.

SpecterP

Death Addict
VIP
May 22, 2018
USA
Here's one... let's say the Ukrainian Maniacs uploaded their hammer video with a title like "Look at Us Kill this Guy" on DA and participated in the thread what would you do? Are you legally bound to act?

Libertas

Death Addict
Apr 19, 2016
Legally speaking, you would have to preserve the evidence* (email, IP, date, timezone and video file itself) and wait for the relevant authorities to contact you.

*But make sure that the material is removed from public view in order to prevent it from spreading any further.