DA finally has an Administrator again!

Libertas

Death Addict
Apr 19, 2016
Like most of you know, DA hasn't had any Staff since I took over. There was simply too much banning going on, and people weren't free to voice their opinions because they feared they'd get banned or ridiculed for doing so -- and they indeed had a legitimate concern for thinking so.

A lot of them got banned, and some had their accounts stolen and/or defaced, even. None of that should've happened on a normal discussion forum, so I definitely understand why some of you are worried about our new Administrator already, even though you shouldn't be. But more on that a bit later.

So who is our new Administrator?
Cue the drumroll: It's @Kayla. Some of you like her, and some of you hate her. I totally get that, and I'm definitely not asking any of you to just blindly follow me, or her, either. I'm not like that, and I've never asked that of you. All I'm asking from you guys is to trust my judgment on this. I wouldn't have chosen anyone who would go around banning people and stuff like a madman. Those times are long over...

Kayla can be a meanie sometimes, but she's not petty, and you can definitely talk to her about anything without the fear of getting banned.

Nothing's going to change in that regard.

So why do we even need an Administrator?
I've ran DA with your help for the most part. But there were times when I simply couldn't find time due to my job, or due to family matters, and to be completely honest, that was pretty fucked up. Leaving a community like this with no one around to approve new members, delete spam or simply answer member's queries was really disrespectful. And it might happen again in future...

So we really do need someone to be able to do shit, like promote other members to Staff, etc. If I go MIA or something especially, so think of it like a contingency plan.

What if I don't like Kayla and want to leave?!
Well, once again, I'd kindly ask you to trust my judgment on this matter. But if you can't or don't want to, I suggest you to check out:

- http://www.d4rkz0ne.com - Former DA Staff runs it - @Stabby, @Squid Jones, @Maggot and @Terror. It's pretty nice and I'm a member there, though I don't really peruse it all that much. I'll apparently have to go there to be able to talk to some of you. xD

- https://goregrish.com/ - @TehBitch's forum. I don't really post there at all, cause no time. But they're cool peeps and I recommend it as a DA alternative.

Can I have my account deleted?
Yes, you can. Just say so in this thread, or PM me or @Kayla, it's not a problem. But I probably won't be able to restore it all that easily later on if you choose to come back.

P.S. Please be gentle on her, she didn't ask for the Staff position to begin with. But like I already said, we do need someone. And you don't have to like someone to be able to co-exist with them.

We do that every day in our real lives, and Internet communities shouldn't be any different. :)

Thank you all, and you know that I love you all! :hearts:

TehBitch

Drawing Blood
VIP
Mar 24, 2018
In my sandy vagina
@Libertas you definitely can't run a site by yourself!
As far as your choice for staff that is your choice. As you know and I'm sure @Kayla will soon find out it's very different when you become staff,than just being a normal member.
@Kayla you and I haven't really had positive interactions but,I wish you luck!:)

Kayla

Administrator
As far as your choice for staff that is your choice. As you know and I'm sure @Kayla will soon find out it's very different when you become staff,than just being a normal member.
@Kayla you and I haven't really had positive interactions but,I wish you luck!:)
Wow, thank you so much. I really appreciate that.

Libertas

Death Addict
Apr 19, 2016
Agreed.

I know that some would prefer someone else as Staff, but you can't really randomly select someone and hope for the best. It has to be someone whose judgment you trust, and who is on the site for the content primarily -- and not for the drama and/or offtopic areas.

Anyway, thank you for being reasonable, as always. :)